After School Sports
Bowman School encourages our students to be involved in as many different activities available in an effort to broaden the interest of our student body. Here is a look at the different sports and their seasons that are offered throughout the school year.
Bowman School competes in the Sierra Foothill League. Currently there are 9 schools in the league. Those schools are Alta, Bowman, Colfax, Foresthill, Rocklin Academy-Gateway, John Adams Academy, Maria Montessori Charter Academy (MMCA), Western Sierra Collegiate Academy (WSCA), & Weimar Hills.
General Rules for Participation
- In order to participate, students must maintain a 2.0 average with no “F’s” on the last official report card or official progress report. If grades slip below a C average, or an “F” is received for a grading period, student will be restricted from all activities and games until the average is brought up to a “C” and/or the "F" has been raised.
- Cross Country & Track are offered to 4th-8th grades. All other sports are middle school sports only (7th & 8th). In some cases, if there is a need, 6th grade athletes can tryout for spots on a 7th grade team roster.
- Athletes must follow school and sports behavior rules to participate.
- Families must provide transportation for their own child to any sports activity.
- Student must attend school the day of the practices/events/games.